Bring Us to Your Campus
As a partner benefit, Ohio Campus Compact provides professional development for faculty, staff, and students on your campus. Together, our staff has over 30 years of experience in the field of service engagement in higher education and we can work with you and others on your campus to deliver workshops and training designed for beginning practitioners to experienced professionals.
Some of our most popular workshop topics include:
- Carnegie Community Engagement (Re)Classification Guidance & Preparation: For those seeking first-time classification or re-classification our leadership will provide you with intimate guidance, first-hand knowledge, creativity and deep expertise for constructing an effective application. For “first-timers” we highly encourage you to reach out to us as soon as possible to begin conversations around the costs and benefits associated with creating a dossier of your institution’s community engagement activities, strategies, and outcomes. For those seeking “re-classification” the hard work in front of you is demonstrating how community engagement has become deeper, more pervasive, better integrated, and sustained.
- Service-Learning 101 – This workshop is designed for faculty new to service-learning and will cover basic definitions, history of the field, and beginning course construction.
- Community-Based Learning Curriculum Development – This workshop is a follow up to Service-Learning 101 and explores the development of service-learning course objectives, finding the right community partner, preparing students for their service-learning experience, and overall assessment.
- Campus-Community Partnerships – Finding the right community partner can be tricky. Is the relationship mutually beneficial, transactional, or transformational? This workshop will help attendees discover the right path for engagement in and with the community, and what it looks like to have a co-educational process with community partners.
- Student Engagement and Leadership Development – This presentation will help faculty and staff develop a comprehensive plan for working with students as colleagues.
- Creating Meaningful Reflection – This presentation will discuss various reflection techniques that can be used to help students process their role as an engaged citizen in order to create artifacts that faculty can assess for evidence of student outcomes around disciplinary or civic learning and outcomes.
- Community Engagement and Faculty Reward Systems – We will explore the intersection of community engagement and faculty reward systems, tips for engaged scholars, and suggestions for creating new campus culture that is inclusive of community engagement.
- Engaged Department/Campus Strategic Planning – Utilizing the Embedding Service Engagement in Higher Education Rubric for Institutional Planning developed by Indiana Campus Compact Executive Director J.R. Jamison and Maggie Stevens, campus teams will be led through a consensus building workshop for future planning around service engagement work.
- Fundamentals of Assessing Civic Learning: This interactive workshop is designed for participants to walk away with an assessment plan for and process of gathering evidence around authentic student civic learning. Participants will also be able to identify how to use results of their assessment for continuous improvement of programs and courses.
These workshops are typically one to two hours in length, though some are half-day to full days. Please contact Ohio Campus Compact for more details and to discuss tailoring and combining workshops to meet your institution’s needs.
Pricing for workshops is valued at $2,250 per day. However, Ohio Campus Compact partner campuses receive one FREE day of training each year as part of their partner benefits and pay only $750 per day for additional days of training throughout the year. The non-partner campus rate is $2,250 per day – that’s a savings of $3,750 for a two-day workshop each year.
Contact us to begin the plans for a workshop on your campus.
Not a member of Ohio Campus Compact? Learn how to start the process to join!